VA-1 Tourism Summit
VA-1 Tourism Summit
October 24-25, 2012
Richmond Marriott Hotel
Why Attend the VA-1 Tourism Summit?
The VA-1 Tourism Summit is the premier educational event for the Virginia Tourism Industry. This event brings together tourism industry professionals from across Virginia. Speakers will present up to the minute research and marketing techniques in addition to innovative methods to get more people to stay longer and spend more money.
At the VA-1 Tourism Summit, you’ll find everything you need to help grow tourism in your area:
• Enhance your existing online marketing mix or start from scratch with the help of knowledgeable presenters during your choice of two Electronic Marketing Workshops ($50 fee). Your best asset for jumping on the web is great imagery, and lucky for you, the “Photography that Works” breakout session will offer budget-friendly tips for creating just that.
• Eager to leverage dollars and design? Don’t miss the LOVEworks general session, “Progression: The Evolving VTC Advertising Strategy” breakout session or the “Love Works! … But Money Makes the World Go ‘Round!” breakout session. Each offers a piece of the creative and financial pie.
• Say, how does the money work anyway? First, figure out how to spend it wisely when you attend the “Latest Consumer Research & Travel Trends” breakout session. Then, learn how to make it work for you in the “Tourism Development Financing Program” breakout. Lastly, there’s always someone who wants to know how and why money was spent, so learn how to explain it all in the “Tourism IS Economic Development” breakout.
• After you’ve secured the money, the imagery, the design and the online presence, it’s time to sweep off the welcome mat and greet the visitors as they arrive. Be sure to sit in on the “Visitor Centers: Step in, Feel the LOVE” breakout session for valuable tips on customer service and hospitality.
• In addition to these valuable sessions, you’ll have the chance to build new partnerships with the best minds in the business while making critical contacts with industry leaders, as well as connect with 40+ exhibitors across a variety of tourism product categories.
What’s not to LOVE?
Take advantage of the early bird registration fee of $125. This special pricing expires October 3, 2012. After October 3, the standard registration fee of $145 will become effective.
Registration fee includes all sessions and meals as noted on the agenda. Due to its popularity, seating is limited for Wednesday morning’s Electronic Marketing Session and requires an additional fee of $50 per person.
For more information about the VA-1 Tourism Summit, click here.
Don’t forget to sign up for the VHTA Fall Membership Meeting, October 25-26, held in conjunction with the VA-1 Tourism Summit. This day and a half program will provide an intensive view of the most pressing issues facing the tourism industry. This will be the perfect opportunity to collaborate and network with your fellow members. Sign up today.